Per State Order, we will be closed for the rest of the 2019-20 school year.
Please know that this situation is fluid and we will continue to update our families as we get new information. Please watch for All-Calls and check ClassDojo for information related to this closure.
Teachers and administration are working hard to limit the disruption to our students’ education. This situation is unlike anything we have experienced before and we are putting steps in place to work with students and families.
- Students will have access to work either through Google Classroom or packets of work which are being sent home on Friday afternoon. Students who are not present Friday can pick up their packets Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am - 11:00 am. Along with the packet, students in grades K-8 should also work on ExactPath for math at least 30 minutes per day. Students in grades 2-8 should work on MindPlay for Reading at least 30 minutes per day. Students in grades K-1 should work on Reading Eggs for reading every day.
- To support learning during the school year, students have been using Exact Path for Math (K-8) and either Mindplay (2-8) or Reading Eggs (K-1) for Reading/Language Arts. The following includes how to login from home. Each will require a username and password. Please contact your child's teacher or Erin Nolan-Higgins, Director of Title I, if your child needs help with a username or password.
- How to log into Mindplay from home:
Customer Number: 13601
- How to log into Exact Path from home:
Account Login: csotd
- How to log in to Reading Eggs from home:
- Food Service:
- We will be providing breakfast/lunch to-go packages for all students during the dismissed days. Families can pick up the meals between 9:00 am -11:00 am March 16-March 19 and March 30- May 1. These meals can be picked up in the breezeway at the front door. Please email Mr. Stok at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Extra curricular activities:
- All extracurricular activities will be cancelled until school is back in session.
- We understand that this closure will cause challenges for our families, however we must make student/staff health a top priority. The closure is aligned with health officials recommendation of social isolation and distance to slow and eventually stop the spread of the virus.
- More information is available about COVID-19 at the following sites:
The Charter School of the Dunes will be the school of choice for our community, with a reputation for excellence built on high academic standards, expectations, and achievement in a safe and welcoming environment.
Our professional educators will commit to creating a culture of life-long learning and collaboration in which all students meet or exceed high academic standards.
Charter School of the Dunes
7300 Melton Road in Gary, IN 46403
Phone 219.939.9690 - Fax 219.939.9031
Copyright © 2020 Charter School of the Dunes. All rights reserved.